HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 777 and pyrodex at range
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 11:52 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 777 and pyrodex at range

I have done it both ways, but this year I tried the dry swab immediately following each shot when sighting in and had no issues. Maybe I was lucky but was told this by a person I trust who is more informed about ML and T7 than me...so far it has worked out fine for me.

Jury is out on if snapping a cap is really the best thing to do, I have heard from many experienced shooter both sides of the arguement. Personally I practice like I am hunting for the most part. Which is shot her clean, load and shoot her dirty, then when the moment of truth comes I know what to expect from my smoke pole. As such I have never snapped a cap. Don't get me wrong I love to shoot my ML and when I am out to blast smoke I take my time but on my final preps for season & I have it sight in I will do the 2 shot practice session and pack her up.

Go with what works but don't forget to add some realism as season approachs, lets face it, better to practice like you were in the field and be prepared. I certainly am not going to snap a cap on huge whitetail buck that I may have missed and wouldn't break her down to spit patch either so I want to know what she'll do if the need arises. Just my 2 cents worth.

Find your groove and stick to her biscuit...have fun and good luck with T7