HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 05:58 PM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hoyt Vipertec ........ in Review

Very observant Matt. You are correct. One of the leeches did fly out when I shot the bow initially. I had to reinstall it in the bowstring and then serve it to keep in in place. I guess that I am either shooting to high of a speed or there are not enough twists in the string for them to sit on their own.

I will get around to shooting the lighter arrow when I can. The little guy kept me from doing any testing this evening. Friday looks like the earliest I can accomodate you and Jeff.

Yes, I do see the benefit to the slightly heavier, longer riser and shorter, parallel limb design. It has all its own appeal....though I am hoping the new MM VFT is a bit lighter or at least has slightly better mass weight distribution in comparison to my '03 Pat.

Lastly, we really don't live all that far apart. I was down your way last spring when I bought that SD Rhino from Deer Valley Sporting Goods in York. I might be taking a hard look at their newest offering come this spring as well.

As for the comparison to the Liberty....maybe. I think the vipertec is closer to the MM VFT in terms of both companies' overall lineup. I would like to put the Liberty up agains the Xtec...which also might be on my short list now that I had a chance to really play with one today.