HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting
Old 12-09-2003, 05:23 AM
02bhntn
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whats the unluckiest thing to happen to you while hunting

Unluckiest thing that has happened to me is a tie between two seperat incidents.

First one. I fell out of a treestand as I was climbing up in complete darkness. fell about ten feet into the roos and jammed my back. Sat there all morning and had to be carried out by my hunting partners. No hunting the rest of the year.

Second one. While dragging a deer out of the woods I stepped over a dead log and into a hole on the other side and tore the ligaments in my knee. Thats not the only thing either, I had my treestand on my back which slid up and put a nice gash in the back of my head. I ended up belly crawling out to my truck (200 yards) with all my gear. I ended up going back in and getting the deer. It was a little difficult. I constructed a crutch so that I could go ing on my feet and get it. I managed to get it out the 200 yards in about 2 hours. I had to stop multiple times for the pain in my knee.