HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Antelope Backstrap and Parsleyed potatoes
Old 03-15-2024, 02:27 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

I am 77 and I was on oxygen for 6 months before I hunted antelope in 2022 at 75. I still get out of breath when I exert myself but I was able to do a long stalk and take my antelope. Don't under estimate your ability and cheat yourself out of a good experience. My wife was not happy with me going to hunt in high prarie with less oxygen than where I live and it was a bone of contention for a while until I told her I was going to go even if I had to tow a trailer full of oxygen bottles behind my truck. At that point she knew I was going no matter what. I am not what I used to be before I had the lung infection and was on oxygen but while I am still breathing I am not going to quit what I love. If you hire an outfitter the guide does the work and in the prarie you can pretty much drive to your animal after the shot and most of the scouting is with the vehicle. Their laws are a lot different than in the east.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 03-15-2024 at 02:29 PM.