HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - as the season draws to a close
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2003, 09:46 AM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: as the season draws to a close

ButchA hang in there bud, try waiting your unnotched tags on other positives like seeing a doe and fawn mill around naturally or watching the woods come to life in the am, etc. Many more things to hunting than notching the tag and try to focus on the experience as a success. Also mind over matter your convinced you won't get one and your probably right, start thinking about how you can and WILL get one. Good luck with the feathered variety

I will admit that sometimes I don't spring up at the sound of the alarm or hustle like I did a few weeks or months ago to get to my spot as the season dwindles, it is called fatigue which we all get and have! However being able to hunt is always a zest and I always attack it as it were a fresh chance at getting my animal. Things that can keep you going are remembering the dwindling day of a hunt in the past or the last minutes of a week long hunt that made it all worth while. Hunting is a sport of you never know what is around the next bend or the next few minutes will bring. Think about it how many times we have thought well there goes that day, only to be interupted by a deer appearing like a ghost and shifting the mood to high gear. Right palce, right time is phrase often used and sitting at home will never be the right place. You have all off season to sulk and lick your wounds, so get out while you can and keep hope that today will be the day, cuz tomorrow she will be closed and you won't have the chance until 2004!

My season officially ended now I am depressed and sulking but the bright side is only a few months until I can start shed hunting and preparing for next fall.

So ends the pep talk get out in the wood and enjoy nature...you never know you may just tag a deer at the same time!