HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Walking Deer?
Thread: Walking Deer?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 03:26 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by hunters_life
Oldtimr, Shooting at a walking animal could very well be unethical. As the previous poster stated " MAY not be ethical": and I can give you one very good reason out of many, Heavy cover. Could be a branch in the scope that you miss, All kinds of reasons not to shoot at a moving animal, And then again, there are all kinds of perfectly ethical situations where firing would be 100% acceptable. As far as the rest of his statement, I don't see anything that's not completely correct. You saying not to practice with your equipment? You saying proper ammo for the species being hunted isn't correct? You saying distance shouldn't factor into the equation as to shoot or not? Sound's like perfectly reasonable advice to me. Granted it does seem a little "Googled" to me but still correct.

So my suggestion for you would be stop being so ill mannered and anti social. Also, I don't think that poster is from America and English may well not be his first language so maybe that would be why his few posts seem a bit "Googled"
When I want your suggestion I will asked for it. The OP's question was a simple one, is it unethical to shoot at a walking deer? There was no mention of the deer being behind heavy brush. or a long distance, or what kind of ammo should be used or any other assumptions. You could ask if it is ethical to shoot a standing deer and the answer would be the same, yes. Answer what was asked, don't take into consideration cirscumstances that were not asked about . You are not doing the OP any favors by complicating an answer to a very simple question, give him some credit for not being stupid.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 02-15-2023 at 03:28 AM.