HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - This should be good
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 09:04 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Haha!
Admittedly, after begging to have this sub-forum created, and having promised a handful of threads to help fill it, I’ve not delivered on this sub-forum the way I had intended, and have honestly been avoiding HNI altogether lately just to avoid the daily advertising blasts of a certain vomitous user. So maybe I was also short-sighted in committing to content creation.
Originally Posted by CalHunter
But they are so much fun to deconstruct.
I don't even bother reading those anymore because they are simply filled with cut and paste nonsense that a lot of times is incorrect. The OP can't even form his/her own opinion. Comes off as an expert while sitting at a desk likely doing nothing but reading.
I may not be any good at it but I really like shooting itty bitty things at a far distance and watching them get smacked. Sort of like when my uncle and I would go groundhog hunting with our S&W 29s. We did get some but not many. We'd see one in the field 200 or more yards out and whoever's turn it was would get out and usually prone on sand bags take a crack at it. The other guy would be the spotter. More often than not, after the shot, we would say something like, "I almost got that one" or "boy that was close". A good solid hit was a time for celebration. Those 240 gr HPs would do a number on a woodchuck! It was a lot of fun. I miss that guy.