HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stevens 200 7mm-08
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 06:02 PM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Definitely atypical of Stevens’ reputation. Any plans for where to go from here? Different ammo, per chance? Or scuttling the project?

My experience with the others had all been good.

I really haven't thought about what's next or shot it enough to even try to diagnose anything yet. I took three shots to quickly get it on paper then had some kids there shooting multiple rifles and muzzleloaders (a couple .50cal inlines, a couple 20ga, a .350 legend and this 7mm-08 and then some .22s as well. )

I didn't pay much attention to the targets as we were shooting multiple things with different people. When we were done and I was cleaning up I noticed the 7mm-08 was all over the paper. And everyone was shooting decent groups with everything else.

So I set a box up and put the last four rounds from a box through it and that was the result. I quickly verified that everything was tight and nothing was moving.

I suppose next step will be get it out with some different ammo and see what happens. I was shooting the "American whitetail" Hornady 139s.

Possibly pull the scope and try another one on the rifle just to make sure the scope isn't bad.

Hopefully I can get it shooting well. Plans were to stick this in a different stock and hang onto it for a while as I've wanted a 7mm-08 for whitetail for a long time.

I'm certainly open to suggestions. Looks like I was doing a "box drill" to see how the scope was tracking lol

-Jake