HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Inquiry about the esse of hunting in other cohntries compared to: Germany.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:30 AM
Hunt123er
Spike

Default Inquiry about the esse of hunting in other cohntries compared to: Germany.

Dear fellow forum members,

I really do wonder how it is to hunt in other countries.

We here in Germany have super tight regulations what you can hunt and most importantly if you can even get started. Land owners tend to be really stiff and dont allow basicly anybody on their property. You even have a great great hassle of even getting your hunting license in the first place, but that is another part.

I heard that for example in the US or Canada, you get your certificate and can go straight hiking and hunting by yourself. Is this correct?

If so, I wonder how is Wildlife regulated, even if all? How do hunters do not cross eachother and accidentally shoot eachother for example? Or is my mindset too narrow coming from the tiny proportions of GER to the vastness of an entire state?

Closest, open here would probably be Russia.

I'm excited for your guys' Input. I wish to get started hunting soon and not be stuck in a kind of king-peasant mentality, which is how it is here in Germany between young and old hunters. Especially in the south-west.

Best regards!