HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting ducks
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 11:40 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by frede12
For a variety of reasons, I am unable to use a firearm while I hunt. We hunt on a river with private property on either side from a non-motorized drift boat. As an alternative to firearms, I shot a handful of ducks this year with a compound bow set at 40lbs using judo points. It was fun, challenging, and on the whole, successful. However, it presented several problems that make me unwilling to pursue the same strategy next season, namely littering the river with arrows and losing ducks to bad shots. I have considered using a bow fishing setup to reel ducks in to the boat so I don’t lose arrows or step off into private property. Are there better solutions?
You are able shoot a compound bow but you can't shoot a shotgun? doesn't compute. Only thing I can think of is if you would be a convicted felon and not allowed to possess a firearm. If it is legal for you to posses a firearm the best solution is to use a shotgun. Aren't you the same guy who posted h had a Remington 870 12 Ga. in the gun advice thread?

Last edited by Oldtimr; 05-25-2022 at 03:46 AM.