HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - mauser barks....
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2003, 07:06 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: mauser barks....

ok i see what you guys mean....but it wasnt how it sounds....come on....you guys are all hunters.....you know how i was feeling after a day like that....ths kid DID have a liscenses for the 3rd time....my friends that seen him around before said they didnt know he hunted.....but he did and was legal......and i didnt shot the doe with that kid behind the target.....he was to my right...100yds up the hill......the doe was between us...closer to me then him....but also over 100yds OUT from the fenceline we were posted on......the bullet went nowhere near this poster.....and the buck...that sounds bad that i didnt think but i thought of all the saftey factors before we even followed him.....i know there wasnt a house anywhere down there.....and no hunters down there unless they didnt have orange on(lots of snow...orange stands out great..) it was a safe shot......just not my best....its not like the deer was running and i just opend up on him or something.....the only thing i didnt do it get down and get a good rest.....but i really didnt have time...he wanted to get out of there.....he was standing at the time but wasnt going to be after a few seconds.....so all i really did was took an offhand shot.....and i actually hit my mark....but the bullet fell some so i missed.....big deal.....i know it all sounded bad but forgive me.....i was excited and everything still....you guys are hunters you should know how i felt.....noone was hurt or killed or did anything illegal.....sorry for how it sounded.....i hope i cleared it up some.....but i doubt anyone will read this so you will think what you want....you guys of all people should understand and ask before you assume we were doing illegal and unsafe things....