HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alligator hunt/hide processing cost?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 04:27 PM
wayneking
Spike

Originally Posted by inquisitorkitty
Hi all, I'm new here and new to hunting, so if I get a term wrong or sound like I dont know what I'm talking about - it's probably because i don't, because all this is new to me - hence me being here trying to learn

Anyway, my bf and I want to go alligator hunting & right now I'm doing research. We want to go somewhere in Texas as it'll be easier for us travel-wise.

The prices I'm seeing right now are about 1000-1250 for a 7-10 foot gator (with price going up a lot once they get past 10 feet), about 120-200 per night for food and lodging - both of which sounded reasonable. But then when i looked into processing i was a bit shocked at the prices. One place quoted me 900 for the hide tanned, the skull defleshed & cleaned, and 10 lbs of meat. Another place wanted even more.

That would make the total 2500 minimum.

Do those prices sound right? I need a place that does food & lodging as we'll be driving a ways to get there. Oh - my bf will be using a gun, but if i take a gator I'd be using a bow - and one place said if i wanted to use a bow it was an extra 1k which just makes no sense to me.

My question - does all of that sound legit? The prices, paying way more to use a bow, it being super expensive to tan the hide...

If you know of a place a bit cheaper could you let me know? I wasnt blinking at the 1k for a gator or the lodging price, but once you add almost another grand to tan the hide and ANOTHER grand just to use a bow, it starts to seem like its more money than its worth

thanks in advance for any info.
hello are you still loooking? cal or text me 606) 266-6640 i have an eight foot aligator that i must sale.