HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Learning to use muzzleloaders.
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 02:30 PM
SportsmanNH
Fork Horn

Here are a couple more things . 1st on the Red speed loaders I suggested . They are limited to 100 grains powder capacity . It might be beneficial to you to get the Black Magnum speed loaders instead . Probably dont need them , but they have a capacity of 150 grains on powder . That might be beneficial if you decide to shoot the heavier Hornady Great Plains conical . If you do decide to get the Hornady from that site , make sure you click on the 50 cal and not the 54 cal since they are both shown on the same page. This is a link to the Black Magnum speed loader .
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1002269720?pid=703837

4 in 1 Speed Loader with the built in bullet starter
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...2386#questions

Now watch this short video lesson on using the speed loader . The 1st half is loading with pellets with a tube. The 2nd half shows loading with the black speed loader . Notice how you dont need a bullet starter . I have never used one with any of my muzzle loaders . I just use the ramrod. But if you think you really need one and not planning to shoot over 100 grains , check out the 4 in 1 version of the Red one. Myself , I have never used one . Just some info of what this guy is doing wrong on this video. He is using the wrong side of the ramrod to push the bullet down the barrel . You are supposed to use the cupped side for the bullets I suggested to you . He is pushing the bullet down the barrel with the side that you screw in the cleaning brushes ! Dont push the bullets I suggested down with that side of the rod ! To use that side for his pointed bullets they make an adaptor to screw in to that side thats shaped for those bullets. And he doesn't have one on .

Last edited by SportsmanNH; 03-18-2022 at 02:56 PM.