HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I had archery in junior high school with recurve bows.
Old 02-03-2022, 07:33 AM
jonmyrlebailey
Spike

Mr. Vogt in his video claims to have killed deer while bow hunting and using his barebow recurve with his aiming methods. Of course, he's always demonstrating in a standing field archery position. Might his methods work in kneeling, sitting, tree stand or ground blind field positions, I don't know. I've seen a few other videos talking about instinctive aiming, gap aiming and string walk aiming. Different methods work best for different archers. No one way is a one-size-fits-all. Through trials and error, we will stumble upon what works best for us and out shooting situations over some time. I had one army sergeant during range practice insist that I squeeze the trigger of my M16 with just the tip of my trigger finger but I found that painful in my finger joints and uncomfortable. I like to curl my trigger finger around the trigger of a rifle, handgun, etc. for better leverage and comfort. During rifle (BRM) qual, I used my usual finger curl trigger method and scored expert.