HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - mauser barks....
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 09:31 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: mauser barks....

this was actually one of the safest ways of hunting ive seen....noone was flinging lead...at all...i think there was 3 shots fired by our group...2 from me and 1 from another kid he missed though....and i didnt fling my first shot...it may sounded like i did but what i mean by letting one fly is not actually getting a good rest and being ready....i got the fever when i seen the rack and all i could think of was put the crosshairs on him and fire...i was on him when i fired...just didnt think he was as far as he was and my bullet dropped a few inches....a few inches higher id have a nice buck hanging in the garage.....not like i flung lead into god knows where.....i put ONE round in my gun and ONLY one round.....go ahead.....call me a lead flingger....i do it so often!!! thats the first deer ive ever missed that was actually my fault in my life.....and its not a bunch of kids and old farts....these guys are farmers....they take us kids out to fill some tags and get us into hunting and everything....show us the ropes....they know the land like their hands and know where the deer are......they dont just stand around while we blast away.....none of that was happening.....we were really safe about our hunting.....thats the last thing we need is someone hurt.....and i didnt know alot of guys i was with....i was nowhere near most of them also.....the one kid that i talked about DID have a liscense...but none of my friends knew he even hunted or anything.....maybe hes a great white hunter...i dont know.....its friends of my friends family.....we were all invited on a deer drive......i see nothing wrong with that long as everyones safe......kobear thanx alot.....your right....you cant eat them antlers...but man..they look nice on the wall next to all your other game you took..grouse fan..crow feet...squirrel tail...turkey fan and beard....buck rack.....my wall can use a few more racks...now i got enough meat...im done till muzzleloader season unless it carries a rack.....i get bashed for going out with some friends and their family and friends of the family and having some fun hunting deer...very safely....maybe i just worded it bad....but i was rather excited at the time...but if you read this i hope it explains more....we werent acting like idiots and shooting at unsafe things and just flinging lead or anything...