HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New gun
Thread: New gun
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 06:34 AM
idahoron
Nontypical Buck

Default New gun

A couple weeks ago I picked up a Bergara BMR 22lr. I have never owed a decent 22lr. I have a ancient Stevens 3B. It's a single shot with no way to scope it up. I grew up with that gun. I have a Ruger 10-22 deluxe. It shot pretty well but the 10 pound trigger never allowed for accuracy. After looking at the price to trick out the ruger I decided to just go new.
the Bergara has a threaded barrel. It has from what I was told is a match chamber. A synthetic stock that will be weather resistant. The trigger is 2.5 pounds and is nice and crisp. It came with a 30 MOA rail.
All i had to get was a scope and rings. I picked a vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24x50 FFP scope. The rings are Leupold low 30mm. Some guys are adding cheek risers but this set up didnt need it.
I do a lot of Rock chuck shooting. I use an Air Arms TX200 22cal air rifle, a CZ455 17HMR, and a CZ527 varmint 17 Whore-net.
where i see this 22lr fitting in is areas that dont require me to use my air rifle. Some farms require it due to houses, barns, cattle.
in the areas with no restrictions this rifle will have a suppressor and tge shots will be under 100 yards.