HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For fun: which guns have "soul" for you or do any?
Old 01-14-2022, 04:08 PM
Father Forkhorn
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
My guns are just tools. I do favor the old lever guns and my 1874 Sharps replica. Adoring or cherishing any of them however would not be following the Word of God. Too many people in this world idolize things like money, cars, guns or whatever and have no interest in God. Sorry for the rant but that's how I feel. I sort of know where you're coming from though. We all have our favorite I'm sure. Right now mine is my Winchester 94 BigBore in 375 Win.
I hear you, Bronko. in the end, they're all just tools and this is just for fun.

The difference for me comes out with a couple of shotguns. One is pump shotgun, plastic stock, wal-mart vintage. I like it, but bringing it to shoulder and swinging on an imaginary target is nothing special. it's just something to hunt with and i know it will work. However, I acquired that Marlin 90 I listed a month or so ago. Shouldering and pointing that thing is a whole other experience, more like suddenly feeling every pheasant, quail, and rabbit in America may now be doomed to extinction.