HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Property Layout Strategy 10 Acres
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 11:16 AM
MidwestDeer
Spike

Default Property Layout Strategy 10 Acres

Hello,
Last year I moved to a 10 acre piece of property. The property is a pass through for deer but this season I do have some bedding in the 3.5 acres of thick woods. I have some 6, 8, and 10 point bucks on my trail cameras along with several does. All before and after hunting hours. I need to do something to keep them on the property.
I have a ~350-400' long and 15' wide trail I am considering planting with clover and chicory and also adding a 110 gallon watering hole.
My property changes in elevation a total of 100'. The bottom ~6 acres is tilled right now but next year I am considering trees, bedding, etc with the purpose of attracting and trying to maximize deer time on my property.
I have attached an image of a layout with some details on it.
I have been hunting a few years now and no deer. Working full time, renovating our house and going to college keeps me busy, but those bigger time eaters will slow down somewhat.

This will be for bow hunting.
Any suggestions on what I can do with the existing property, such as food plots, watering holes, etc for next years hunting season? I won't be doing anything with the lower 6 acres in 2023 but hopefully 2024 so I can re-strategize with that in mind in a year or two. Right now I am looking to see what I can do for next years hunting season.
Thanks.
Attached Images