HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where's all the PA hunters?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 07:13 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

there ain't many left IMO LOL

I have about 10000 acres surrounding me , owned by gun clubs, over 250+ members in the clubs combined, I have security camera's at my place, for them to access there lands, they have to drive past my place
opening day, 12 vehicles went in, 12 on Opening day of rifle season, second day 8, first Monday 2, Tuesday thru Thursday ZERO
yesterday 7 and today about 10
yrs back it was nothing to shave 70+ vehicles go in opening day and at least a dozen or more every day after! and that was when things opened on a Monday! not a weekend!
opening day around me used to sound like WWII from, before day light, and well after dark, YUP lots cheaters here sadly! )
opening day I heard like 10 shots the whole day, 1 the second day and zero mon tuesday wed, Thursday I heard one guy behind me, shoot 14 times, in under 2 minutes, so, NOT sure he was hunting,. might have been wasting ammo at tree's?(and don;'t laugh, I have asked the guy a few times, and thats what he tells me he does when he gets bored!)

was up at other property I have, near several larger game lands and took a ride thru some just to kill time and maybe get lucky and see a successful hunter or two
I drove thru about 10+ miles of dirt game land roads, and seen 2 trucks , that's it!
drove over 250 miles yesterday thru Pa, and didn;'t see a single hunter hunting in my travels, can see for hundreds of yards into forests and Mt sides, NO orange to eb seen(and yes I know many don;t wear orange liek they used too)
but all the normal parking spots that hunters used to fill, were all empty!
Talked to many guys at my hunting camp(didn't make it there this yr
about 40 hunters up in mixed cabins about us, opening day, by monday ALL were gone but maybe 4-5 guys
25000 acre game lands near camp, and guys tell; me, its vacant this hunting season after the weekend opening
and everyone they talked to was't happy claiming NO deer, and the game commission needs to step up there game with some better habitat to get deer numbers back?/
but these same folks only hunt 2 days, so? take with a grain of salt!

its sad seeing so few hunters anymore in PA, PA once had a super strong number of die hards , hunt dark to dark,,
now, to many fair weather hunters and well, only hunt prime times for a few hours IF that, and most need to have food plots and prime lands, and ground blinds/shooting houses that are like sitting at home,
them days of folks just being OUT there in the weather and just wanting to enjoy a Hunt have LONG passed IMO!
The Pa might be in trouble in a few decades when lic sales drop even lower as hunter numbers fade away!