HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How Long Do Your Trail Cams Last?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 12:23 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

and don't forget humidity, as that alone can play havoc on electronics's

I know I go from many extremes here, from again minus 10 degree air temps to mins 30 or so wind chills, get rain typically several times a month almost all yr anymore, humidity alone can be 80+% at time, and high temps over a 100 degree's
so my cam's get a lot of weather , also keep in mind how lond do your camera's sit in the SUN< direct sunlight, wears and ages plastic's and other parts and can also effect temsp inside the camera

this is again why IMO< many folks get different life span's out of camera's
add in again, , I also feel many camera's get bad starts due to how they were handled from being built to to installed on a tree's post or??
as all electronic's again are prone to damages from many things from shipping like vibrations, being dropped thrown, bounced around and so on!

its just not that easy IMO, to say "X" brand Make or model is the longest lasting!

think of car's vehicles
some LOVE fords and others Chevy's and so on, yet others have nothing but bad experiences with the same things??
some can be lemon's from bad builds, bad parts installed or short life of them parts and so on!

so much so that there are LEMON laws on the books
other things suffer the same problems, just don;t get the legal support due to costs don;t make it worth while for lawyers to get involved IMO! or they would!