HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Lion With Bow
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 02:53 PM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

My hat is off to all those big game hunters like Fred Bear who harvested dangerous big game with traditional archery. They were indeed legends and very skilled. The video I mentioned was at about 20 yards and the hunter was hidden behind a ridge just off the ocean and stalked up close. I think he had a backup shooter but watching him rise up out of the scrub 20 yards away to a feeding bear the size of a VW beetle and taking the shot was certainly heart pumping. I don't doubt what flags is saying on how lethal a well placed arrow with quality broad head can be since I have hunted with a bow with many deer kills to my credit over the years. The limitations of course is, if anything goes wrong you generally only get 1 try which can be a deal breaker on dangerous big game. Arrows kill by causing the animal to bleed to death and there isn't the shock and knockdown factor when it comes to dangerous big game. Being that close to the huge grizzly I would have wanted something that would knock him down and hopefully anchor him to the spot eliminating a charge from an enraged 10 foot bear. That is just me though and generally speaking I have never been a thrill seeker.

Last edited by Champlain Islander; 11-20-2021 at 03:10 PM.