HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How Long Do Your Trail Cams Last?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2021, 08:50 AM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

Default How Long Do Your Trail Cams Last?

I've been running trail or game cameras since 2016. I've tried Browning, Stealth, Moultrie and Cabelas brands. My favorites so far are the Cabelas due to some of their features like being able to look at pictures in the camera and their performance at night time. I leave mine out 365 days a year and change SD cards, batteries, do maintenance, etc. in the field so they can stay up all year round. This year, one of the lens covers for the motion sensor broke on a 5-year-old cam and Cabelas actually refunded it for me at the current price point for a new camera. A 2nd camera lens cracked and Cabelas told me the warranty is only for 1 year now and I'm out of luck. The cameras are still functional and I've been unable to find any replacements lenses (they were made overseas obviously).

My question is how long are your game cameras lasting and what brands, warranties, etc.? I'd switch to another brand if they offered better performance, longevity, etc. so am curious what performance everybody else is getting with their respective game cameras.