HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Whitetail Photo Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 03:14 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

Default It finally came together yesterday, one on the ground

I saw more deer yesterday than I did all season. At 9:30 I saw a deer sneaking through the brush, the woods where I hunt still is holding onto it's leaves, I could only see legs moving but I knew the deer was on a deer trail and I knew it came out in front of me onto a wide grass trail. I got my crossbow ready and when he came out on the trail , that was the first time I knew it was a buck, and he turned broadside at 30 yards I shot and hear a solid hit. The buck ran up the trail ahead of me and ran down into a ravine that runs along my stand. I waited a few minutes and walked to where he was when I shot. I found no blood so I followed his direction and found blood about 10 yards away. I slowly followed the blood trail down the ravine and then across the hill side, then down again where I found him laying in the creek that runs through the ravine. Another victory for my carbon Express 390. He is a big bodied 6 point, I think if I stretched it I could get a legal seven but I am not a bone hunter s it doesn't matter to me. I called my friend and landowner and told him I could use a hand getting him up the side of the ravine where I could get him on my ATV. I have to say I never used a gut hook before and I have gutted a lot of deer but it really made unzipping the deer easy. I got it as a gift when I joined the Elk Foundation, a set of two knives and a bone saw with orange handles. They will always be in my back pack from now on.

cool girl fish names

Last edited by Oldtimr; 11-09-2021 at 01:23 PM.