HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Some Observations
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 01:41 AM
BarnesAddict
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Barnes I've been really trying to like BH209. My Knight and Rem and CVA all have BH209 compatible BPs. I've tried different bullets, sabots, charges, compression and primers but just can't get it to shoot as well for me. Oh it does shoot OK but not as good as MZ. I don't know what else to try. I bought 2 canisters last year before everything hit the fan still have an almost full canister left.
Sometimes a guy hits on something that just flat out works for him and there's nothing wrong with continuing to use it.
There are guys that swear up and down that the absolute worse propellant one can shoot are pellets, yet 90% of all these extended season hunters would get by with them easily. I have some pretty nice long range targets using T7 pellets
Since my first change to my old BP Xpress, the breech plug, I completely stopped shooting anything with sabots and in all honesty my groups tightened. I started out shooting the Fury bullets, which i still hunt with and now shoot the Arrowhead 300gr XLD bullets for extreme accuracy at long range. If you wanted to play more, you might order the no sizing Fury bullets and give those a try. The guys with RUM's and UF rifles are having extremely accurate groups with them from their 50cal rifles.
But then again, if that MZ is doing exactly what you need, keep using it. Confidence is everything.............