HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Has Your Mindset About Hunting Changed Any?
Old 10-04-2021, 04:49 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

My mindset on hunting really hasn’t changed a lot. As I enjoy our laidback way of life and with Covid I can’t think of a better way to self isolate. I enjoy putting food on the table and will keep trying to. I don’t always succeed with it but have enjoyed a few road killed deer that I have been allowed to bring home.. So I am not going without. I also will give some away to family and some of the older people that live in the area that has been having a hard time of things. But now my hunting has changed since I had cancer and I try to find game that would be easier to get out verses those long drags. I am not sure if I will do much deer hunting this year as I have picked up a road killed moose that no one wanted to deal with. That gave 320 pounds of meat and my wife and I have a moose hunt to do. I know where there’s two bruisers hanging around and debating on which one we should go after. I am thinking the easiest one as I know who’s going to be doing most of the work. My wife wants a big moose and I just want any legal antlered moose. I am hopeful we will be getting one though but it’s going to be a hard hunt I am thinking. All the while I am hoping for a one day hunt. But because of issues related to the cancer treatments that left me not so energetic I would choose the easiest route. I get coughing while setting in cold weather which really messes up my hunting. So I have to change how I am doing it..