HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PRS Match Pack Dump
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 11:38 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, I actually didn’t pick the paint scheme on the stock, but I’m glad to have gotten it - I won it in a raffle, but I suppose I wouldn’t have played so hard for a lesser looking stock. We’ve ordered a similar paint scheme for my son’s stock for his new 6 Dasher.

Admittedly, I’m blessed in luck, many times over. That stock, the binos, and tripod, were all won on limited entry raffles (gamable odds), and frankly, my Kahles I won in a drawing... my action was heavily discounted by buying at the NRA National Meeting a few years ago, and our state competition club gets barrels at 20% off... but still, there’s a lot of money in the top photo.

Comparatively, there’s about the same money pictured in the second photo as the total spent on ONE national level, 2 day match... relatively far less cost than the top photo.

A guy CAN shoot PRS matches with a Ruger Precision Rifle or Remington 700 Magpul and a Vortex Strike Eagle scope, but in the end, ammo costs eat the lion’s share. My first match rifle was a Seekins Havak I bought for $1600 and a Bushnell DMR II optic I got on instructor discount for $900.... but shooting 4-6,000 rounds in a season, with 4 or 5 club level matches and 2-3 two days matches... there’s more than $4500 wrapped up just in ammo and match fees, let alone hotel, fuel, or food. Surprisingly, the rifle ends up the cheap part!