HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Muzzleloader has me stumped
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 06:27 AM
Ohiohunter76
Spike

Originally Posted by Allstarbilo4
I've muzzleloader hunted for several years but never changed any loads/powders. Now that I've purchased a new muzzleloader (TC Triumph) I'm struggling to get it right. Previously I've used 100 grain of Pyrodex Pellets with TC shockwave 250grain sabots. While the gun shoots good, it doesnt seem to burn all the powder. Even after only 1 shot, I cannot get the sabot seated unless (probably not correct way) I use a hammer and a block. I've cleaned the barrel very well and the first load is easy. The 2nd load is a struggle. 100 grain isn't much powder, but could it also be the sabots? What do you think I should change?
I have a T/C triumph, I also used pyrodex pellets and had the same happen to me. I switched to Blackhorn 209 AND switch sabots. The sabots I switched to are the T/C Mag express sabots .451-.452(t/c # 8281). I shoot 95 grains of blackhorn 209 ( measured not weighed) the Mag express sabots and Barnes tez bullets. I think if you switch you will be happy with the gun. I asked the same questions on here and these guys gave me great advice! If you want go look at the threads I started and read all the great information these guys gave me. Hope this helps