HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures
Old 09-16-2021, 10:27 PM
Kenstix
Spike

Sure ~ IF You're Not Concerned with Saving +/or Destroying Meat ~ Again, plain and simple physics. Also, NOTHING I say about Hunting and Ballistics is False to MY experience ( I'M JUST WRITING ON HOW I SHOOT GAME , THE PRIMARY SHOT I TAKE ON A REGULAR BASIS - TRUTHFULLY ) ~ ' sorry Friend ' ( U may Not Agree with it or Like it - but I'm not too Concerned with that.

Again, I dont do Lung Shots and dont care for Bloodbags on my Ribs and Torso ~ as I'm a multi-generational Meat Hunter. So again , Ballistic Tips are killer at the Range but for My Game Hunting they are Useless. I Shoot a small Target area on Big-game from sometimes pretty long pokes .

btw - a Ballistic Tip IS considered a Premium bullet to some ( Not to me) I LIKE and NEED a Bonded bullet for my Shooting Style and Outcome on ALL Med. to Big game ( it's how I roll ). Also I've Never had a Rifle that shoots with consistency with Partitions - so I Wont use them either ( and I had a couple break-up weird on game way back , as with Ballistic Tips. ( I had a Friend who would do Neck Shots routinely and Deadly with B.T's < I Never argued with him on the Lethality of it because I watched Him perform them ) = so I Forgot , They're ok for that where the meat isn't a concern ( again My Experience

P.S. - My preferred Energy Transferral is ~ Putting a Not Oversized Exit hole ( With a Sturdy Bullet with good B.C. that shoots good groups ) pretty accurately where I Need it and it Equates to Very Deadly on Game. for the Newer Hunters Here, I'm talking about fairly advanced Shooting skills coupled with decades of experience and with Confidence in Hunting ( I didn't know this when I started Young - it Evolved over decades also as Bullet construction evolved) I have Never had any Avid Long-time Rifle shooter Discount or Diminish/ Critique the Deadliness of a Bonded bullet with a relatively small Exit hole sent thru a Vital/Critical area accurately ( High-heart or Spine) , on any Medium to Large game ( speaking on the Herbivore subject : Lope, Deer, Elk, etc. ) Not once in 55 years of Shooting Rifles ( Except that there isnt alot of margin for Error ~ which I agree with. I only Commit to shots that pretty much Guarantee the Outcome regardless of distance ( to My Personal parameters of yardage ) The animal typically Drops where He/She stands .most of what I described above is with .270 Win with 140 Grain Accubonds ( or alternating with.25-06 sometimes when on Lope with Accubond loads as well

Last edited by Kenstix; 09-17-2021 at 02:34 AM.