HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accubond vs. Scirocco vs. Interbond with pictures
Old 09-13-2021, 10:23 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Kenstix
So I take it U guys Dont Care for Heart Stroganoff or cooked Game Liver because it all got Processed before the Animal got Field Dressed : ) . = Ballistic Tips are Dog**** on Smaller game as well - Deer , Lope, etc. there seems to be some confusion here on the simple math and physics of a WELL CONSTRUCTED bullet like an Accubond which will run well thru most rifles ( and animals ) . Kenstix
Sorry friend but I used a 270 Win with 130 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips on Whitetail, Mulies and Antelope from distances of 10 yards to well over 400 yards and never ever had one move more than 25 yards after the shot. Most were DRT. So your general and derogatory statement about them is totally false. And IMO from 55+ years of hunting you don't need a premium bullet for deer or antelope. I would give them the nod for bear or elk or similar sized game but not deer size. The only reason I would suggest a premium bullet for deer is if was more accurate out of your rifle.
Another often overlooked bullet in today's craze of premium bullets is the good old Hornady Interlock bullet. They've been dropping deer and other game in their tracks for generations.