HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sometimes plans change.
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 09:17 AM
Bocajnala
Super Moderator

Default Sometimes plans change.

Well, I had planned on spending a week in upstate New York chasing bear and deer, several days chasing PA Black bear between muzzleloader and the regular/extended rifle season, plus the regular whitetail plans I do every year.

But ... Those plans have had to be cancelled. The wife and I ended up with emergency custody of my wife's cousins kid. Hearing in October to hopefully give us full custody. Between the big changes at home, and added expenses I've decided to cancel those trips this year.

The plus to all of this is that I've suddenly got a brand new youth hunter in my family. He's 14, seems to be a good kid and is excited about getting to hunt. He's working on Ohio's online safety course right now. I'd rather do an in person one, but time isn't on our side as the PA youth season is about a month away.

He of course needed a rifle (good excuse, right?) And I wanted something that would be legal and useable for him in both PA(no semi autos) and Ohio (straight walled only). So after looking at several different rifles I settled on an UGLY Savage 110 Hog Hunter in .350 Legend I'm excited to get this scoped and see what she will do. He's excited to. It's ugly but I think it'll be a nice little rifle for him.

-Jake