HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Couple of moose on my trail cam..
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 08:41 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

I have only seen videos of the moose in Alaska and they are monsters compared to our moose. Two years ago I was roughly ten feet from one as he stood back up. That was a scary feeling when he was dropping his head looking straight at me. I had shot it in the neck but missed his vitals. As I was trying to figure a way to get behind it the moose stood up. I wasted no time placing a shot on his nose and he turned and run. Yes I did recover him after a lot of work. This past Monday just after I got back from the doctors I had around five different people texting me about a moose a dump truck had hit. They couldn’t get a hold of anyone who wanted it.. While I didn’t really want it because of our hunt coming up in October. I ended up going and checking it out. It was 81 degrees out and knew that it wouldn’t last long in that heat. I ended up getting it and packing it full of ice then taking it to a butcher. So now I am looking for another freezer as this wasn’t planned on.. Hanging weight was given to be 620 pounds with the head still on the ground. So a big cow for here for sure.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 08-11-2021 at 08:43 AM.