HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A good pair of insulated boots
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 04:15 AM
redmag
Fork Horn

I have tried many brands and levels of insulation in boots in an effort to keep my feet warm to no avail. I even tried Baffin which are supposedly used at the N/S Poles. I had decided to try the Predator by Cabelas but found them not available. I have decided to try boots with less insulation with the Artic Shield overboots. I went with the Cabelas Iron Ridge with 800gr insulation after 2020 hunting season in size 11 to allow use of good socks since I am 9.5 size. I have really only worn them in the house but they felt good on my messed up feet. Surgery on the left foot and ruptured achilles on the right leg which required reattachment which has affected the ball of my foot. The most comfortable boot I have ever purchased in late May 2021 is a pair of Crispi Wyomings. I have worn them and my feet felt great after a couple test hikes in very rough mt.trails. Their boots do not offer much insulation, maybe 400gr. I received excellent advice from Weston at BlackOvis and maybe he can help you also. I am a stand hunter and know your pain. Good luck.