HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester: A Battle of Ballistic Coefficients
Old 07-10-2021, 03:27 PM
flags
Giant Nontypical

I want you to engage your grey matter for a moment if that is even remotely possible.

How many of this sort of thread have you seen comparing the 308 to the Creed? Lots right? Why? Do you ever remember seeing one comparing the 308 to the 260 Rem? Or the 6.5 Rem Mag? Why not? Why the hype about the Creed when both the 260 and the 6.5 Mag predate it and are equal to or even actually better ballistically? Nosler loading data shows the 6.5 Rem Mag pushing a 140 gr bullet 250 fps faster than the Creed. Don't believe me, look it up. So is the Creed fanaticism "magic" or is it hype? Nobody seems to be able to tell me what the "magic" is and that's my point. The Creed is not magic and it does not do anything a number of other cartridges do but they never got the hype. By your own post it will do the same thing the others do but it does not do anything they can't do. Get it?

Perhaps you haven't noticed that I do not place any "magic" on the Creed nor do I buy into the hype. The Creed does 1 thing and only 1 thing better than the 260 Rem and the 6.5 Mag (add the 6.5x57, 6.5x68, 264 Win Mag to that list) and that is sell rifles simply due to the hype. I don't add the Swede on that list because it has been around long enough as a military round that there are probably a few million rifles chambered in the Swede world wide (most of them in Europe) and the Creed won't best that number in my life time. You do know the Swede was a military rifle don't you and that there are huge numbers overseas don't you? Or are you one of those shooters that cannot think past the USA? Ever been to Europe? Or Africa? Or Asia? Ever hunted and shot in those places? You haven't have you. Perhaps you fail to understand metric calibers and where they are used in the greatest numbers?

I keep asking what the "magic" is since the Creed is the only 6.5 caliber that has got the hype. The only honest answer is that it has no "magic" just a lot of hype and that again is my point. And here's a newsflash, I don't give a rip if you agree with me or not. Your opinion holds zero value to me on this subject.

Last edited by flags; 07-10-2021 at 03:29 PM.