HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester: A Battle of Ballistic Coefficients
Old 07-07-2021, 12:44 PM
flags
Giant Nontypical

No I came onto this thread to point out there is nothing magical about the Creed. And I have provided data to prove it. You on the other hand still have not been able to refute it. You continue to say the Creed can do something the Swede cannot. But you haven't shown me that. Both are 6.5mm. Both shoot exactly the same bullets. Both are able to launch then at the same velocity. Both can be sighted in exactly the same. The end result of the bullet when it hits the target will be the same. So tell me "Genius" what can the Creed do that the Swede can't? Or that the 260 can't? Or that the 6.5x57 can't? Or that the 6.5x68 can't? Or that the 6.5 Rem Mag can't? Or that the 264 Win Mag can't? It simply cannot do a thing the others can't also do. They are all capable of firing the same bullet at the same velocity and will produce the same results. Physics prove that but that seems to escape you.

I have neither any hate nor love for the Creed. I don't care how many of them they sell or don't sell. It will not do anything that a rifle I already own won't do. To claim it will is folly and stupid. There is no magic in the Creed all there is, is a bunch of hype and you're not honest enough to admit it. The Creed exists solely to sell rifles and it does not fill any niche that was needing filled. PERIOD.

The 308 didn’t do anything the 30-06 wasn’t already doing, nor the .30-06 anything the .30-03 wasn’t doing, the 300win Mag, 300 wsm, 300 Savage, 300 H&H, etc etc etc... The 7-08 didn’t do anything the 7x57 wasn’t doing, but we have 7RM, 280, 7wsm, 284win.... The 6.5 creed was just another 6.5mm cartridge, and everything good you can say about the Swede or the 260 is true about the 6.5 creed as well.
The above is the only intelligent thing you have posted on this topic and you are making my point even if you're not intelligent enough to see that. There is no magic in any of those but none of them have been subjected to the hype of the Creed. I have already stated the Creed is no better and no worse than any other 6.5. But you seem to think it is "special" when your own posting just showed the error in that concept.