HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester: A Battle of Ballistic Coefficients
Old 07-07-2021, 09:12 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Does a special niche have to exist for the F-150 to outsell the Silverado?

No.

More people want F-150’s than want Silverado’s, so more F-150’s are sold. More people want 6.5 creeds than 260 rems, so more Creeds are sold.

What about free market economy rankles you so terribly?
Are you really this ignorant? Is this really the best you have? I challenge you to show me where I said the 6.5 Creed should not exist. I challenge you to show me where I said anything about the free market. My point, which you have been completely unable to refute, is that the Creed IS NOT MAGIC and that it does not do ANYTHING that a cartridge like the 6.5x55 or 260 Rem can't do. You tried a really idiotic stance of being put in a "smaller and lighter" rig but when we talk about the 260 Rem that simply IS NOT THE CASE. Bottom line the 6.5 Creed is no better and no worse than any of the others I mentioned. It tries to fill a niche that simply DOES NOT EXIST. It doesn't matter how much you buy into the hype, the 6.5 Creed and the 260 Rem are identical in ballistics, the data is above.

I asked you a really simple question: What niche exists between the 6.5 Creed and the 260 rem that can only be filled by the Creed? The only honest answer (which you seem to be unable to give) is that there is NONE. The Creed was developed to sell rifles (see your analogy of half ton trucks above) and admittedly it does that very well, which I have already stated in a previous post. But, and this is a big but, it is not magic and only an idiot would try and say it is. If you want one and are in love with the hype, then by all means get one. Heck get a dozen for all I care and that sort of screws up your really dumb comment about free market economy doesn't it? Fools and their $$$ are often easily separated, but the real bottom line is anybody that owns a 6.5x55, 6.5x57, 6.5x68, 260 Rem, 6,5 Rem Mag, 264 Win Mag etc..., as I do, will gain ABSOLUTELY NOTHING by buying a 6.5 Creed. PERIOD.

You really seem to have your panties in a twist because physics do not support the hype. Deal with it, there is no magic in the Creed, simply a lot of marketing hype to separate consumers from their $$$. Intelligent consumers see through it. Dumb consumers buy into it.