HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester: A Battle of Ballistic Coefficients
Old 07-07-2021, 05:09 AM
flags
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Some of us shoot more than others. I burned out two barrels in 6.5 creed before passing the rifle on. I burn out a few barrels every year, and have since the late 1990’s. 2500 rounds of barrel life don’t go very far when you shoot 150-250 rounds per weekend two or three times per month, with practice between.

Again, guys can piss and moan all they want about how much they love cartridges which throw 140grn 6.5mm cartridges at 2700-2800fps, but it’s obvious how silly they really are when they point to ONE of the same and claim it worthless.

Either you’re standing up and saying they’re different, which just sounds foolish, or you’re standing up and saying they’re the same, and one is great but one is worthless... which sounds even more foolish...
Once again you prove your reading comprehension really sucks. Nowhere in my post did I say or imply the Creed is worthless. What I said is it isnt magic and that it will not do anything a number of other cartridges will also do. And you are unable to adequately refute that comnent. A 6.5mm bullet at any velocity you want to use is no more effective out of the Creed than it it out of any other 6.5mm cartridge. Physics does not care what platform launches the projectile when it comes to the end results. PERIOD!

You buy off on the hype, but I dont. PERIOD

Below is the loading data from the Nosler site as a representation of what I am saying that shows the data for 140 gr loads for the 6.5 Creed, the 6.5x55 Swedish and the 260 Rem. If you don't like Nosler then look up some other brand. Using the exact same bullets there simply IS NOT any significant difference in down range performance.

Based on the data why is the 6.5 Creed magically superior to the other rounds and what will it do that the others wont? And do you really want to try and claim that a rifle in 6.5 Creed can be made lighter and easier to carry than a rifle in 260 Rem? Both are short action (the Swede isn't) and both can be put into identical rifles with identical weights. Tell me exactly what special niche exists between the 260 Rem and the 6.5 Creed that only the 6.5 Creed can fill?

Last edited by flags; 07-07-2021 at 07:24 AM.