HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new deer rifle suggestions
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 10:26 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I agree ONLY shooting from a bench and rests doesn't do much in teaching shooting skills when actually hunting afield and there are no benches or sand bags about to use!

BUT for me, range s and benches are just there to show me what my rifles can do and what they like,as in loads

as without this info
just randomly getting ammo and trying to hit targets as if hunting, isn;t going to get anyone any added skills in shooting !!

and trust me after decades of doing range work, and teaching shooters and just being a shooting range so often, I about seen it all
from folks using wrong ammo, to guns exploding to shooting wrong targets and NOT knowing it, to???
it can be a scary place to be at times

I can recall MANY times when at a PUBLIC range,
seeing folks checking targets and idiots shooting at targets 20-30 ft away from those checking there targets
and the shooters NOT believing there doing anything wrong when confronted about it!
some of the arguments I have witnessed, were mind blowing on the reasons they still shot at targets!

SO, not seeing many shooting from, hunting positions
YUP that's common, but I;'ll take that any day of the week over other ways I seen folks shot at ranges!