HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is Diamondback DB15 or DB10 a great rilfe?
Old 06-26-2021, 04:30 PM
AlongCameJones
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
What about the Diamondback rifles “looks nice” to you? Without experience with AR’s, and without direct hands on experience with the Diamondbacks, how are you objectively defining their quality, relative to their price, and relative to the price of other AR’s on the market?
I was an American soldier for seven years. I was issued M16s (AR-platform weapons), trained with them and even scored Expert on qualification. Tell me I have no AR experience.

No, I will not purchase a Diamondback DB-15 without going to the dealer and looking at them in person. My nearest Diamondback Firearms factory-authorized dealer is Murf's Guns in Duncan, Oklahoma some 30 miles away.

Having seen these neat-looking Diamondbacks on the Web the other day definitely has me interested in them. Last year I bought a new Ruger American Ranch bolt-action rifle in 5.56 with shooting rats and plinking in mind but this firearm was total crap in build quality. The bolt was tough to close on a live round in the chamber. I sent the gun back Ruger for warranty repair in March but still it was doing the same thing. You had to slam the bolt shut and manhandle it to get it closed. I finally sold this stupid gun on Armslist just five days ago. These Ruger Americans also have a low-grade matte finish that easily erodes away from cleaning the gun with a toothbrush.

I now think about buying a nice but not too expensive AR-based gun for rats, plinking and preppring. Diamondback AR-based weapons are touted to have MOA or better out of the box. An AR is certainly more fun to shoot rats with than cheesy bolt-action and an AR does have the COOL factor. 5.56 ammo can be had for a song in bulk. It makes a better prepper weapon than a bolt action too. 30-round capacity and it's completely semi-automatic! It's semi-automatic but think how much faster it is to fire repeatedly than a bolt action for dealing with looters or invading commies? I think it's exciting to own an "evil black gun" the media and Democrats hate so much.

This gun makes my heart palpitate to watch in action!! This DB AR is touted to practically never malfunction even though she prudently "SPORTS" a forward assist. It's not likely one would ever have to perform SPORTS in battle with a DB-15. My mil-spec M16s seldom,if ever, jammed on the range with live ball or tracer ammo, and never during qualification; only with blanks and sometimes even with blank adapters.

Slap up on magazine
Pull charging handle and hold rearward without using bolt catch
Observe through ejection port: does round eject, is there a dent in the primer, are there obstructions in the breech area?
Release charging handle without riding forward to chamber new round
Tap forward assist a couple times
Shoot weapon

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-26-2021 at 04:48 PM.