HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 6.5 Creedmoor vs 308 Winchester: A Battle of Ballistic Coefficients
Old 06-23-2021, 08:22 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

My comments above read more harshly than they should, but maybe not. There's not a week which goes by which doesn't see this debate rehashed over and over, which implies to new shooters that it's actually important. The 308win wasn't the "best option" for a new long range shooter before the 6.5 creed, and the 6.5 creed doesn't hold that title today now that it has arrived either. Both are fine options, but I'm hard pressed to pretend either is "best" - there are dozens of options which serve the task exceptionally well for the casual shooter, and further, there are multiple options for competitive shooters which distinctly overshadow either of these... So why this particular discussion continues to get so much attention after FIFTEEN YEARS absolutely escapes me...

Much more productive to describe what makes a good cartridge for long range shooting, limitations, and defining cartridges among a matrix of parameters, rather than simply beating the same drum comparing these two.

Last edited by Nomercy448; 06-23-2021 at 12:45 PM.