HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - the minimalist approach
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 12:32 AM
AlongCameJones
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Maybe “one” of us here thinks that way. Speaking as the undisputed harshest mouth in the room for many years around here, I’ll tell you it’s poor form to walk around like your chain hangs low, and so casually casting rocks at other users. Even by my standards.

I - for “one” - have never considered dove hunting to be lazy by any stretch, and largely, it’s as cheap as you make it.

But then again, WTF would I know. I mean, heck, I’ve actually hunted dove in the real world, for decades, so I’m naturally going to fall short on the subject to someone who read a book and some Google articles on the topic.
I've been deer hunting in mildly-hilly terrain, walking not stand, but never dove hunting. From a good number of dove videos I've seen, I dare say there is much less hoofing it involved in dove. If you have a 4-legged or two-legged retriever, there is even less walking so. Is breasting out a limit of dove more labor intensive than gutting and dragging a deer? It would be interesting to measure the calories burned on a walking deer hunt and compare them with the calories burned on a stool dove shoot from field to freezer.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-11-2021 at 12:48 AM.