HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - the minimalist approach
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 12:28 PM
AlongCameJones
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mrbb
again your questions are NOT direct questions there is a whole bunch of things thrown into one huge open never ending THOUGHT
as you need details to get accurate answers

as , an example
you asked this>
Does anybody here hunt game with a minimalist approach? How light can you travel to the game field while still being safe, legal, proper, productive and comfortable?

all it does is make us experienced hunters have questions, NOT answers for you, as without knowing MORE, we can not really give you any detailed answers

as, think of it like this to your statement!

what TYPE OF DEER HUNTING ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT
treestand hunting, ground blind hunting, back pack hunting, spot and stalk hunting , ALL some of the types of DEER hunting
and what all one has to carry to do each is different!
SO there see NO ONE shoe fits all answer to your proposed thought as it really isn't;'a clear question at all

NEXT< then what you do after your SO called question is add a whole bunch of other information that is FAR from a question at all
that has NOTHING to do with explaining your question
it just runs off about a type of hunting you read about, that has nothing to do with your so called question about hunting with minimal equipment(I

again, if your as educated as you want us to believe , maybe try asking and simple clear SINGLE questions with details of what TYPE of hunting you plan, and not just a general wide open un answerable rambling! stick to ONE topic, ONE question in each posting! in CORRECT forum section
and odds are you will get better feedback and answers

I thought I addressed the details here:

Does this look like a good checklist for an OK deer hunter during gun season, say November, assuming the hunt starts early in the morning at legal shooting hour? This also assumes a traditional walking hunt where one might just sit on a log and wait for deer to come down a trail in an area that's already been scouted by you. This also assumes you can get your unskinned/unquartered quarry to a game processor in a reasonable amount of time. Some processors are open for business 7 days a week during deer season but I would want to make sure I hunt on a Sunday if the local processor isn't open again until Monday morning. What might you add or deduct from my checklist if YOU were to hunt deer in a state like Oklahoma or Texas?

This is a Hunting Gear Discussion Forum and I'm not asking about fishing lures here. I understand how one hunts, where one hunts, what one hunts and why one hunts will affect the selection of gear for the field.

I think I will ask no more how-to-hunt, "how-do-you-hunt" or "what-do-you-think" questions at this site from now on. I probably just missed the whole scope of this site from the beginning. I know, I will just study up the OP's by other members here by reading a number of them and get a feel for their style before I make any new threads here. If I do things in the style of others here, I might not look so out of place.

As they say, when in Rome...

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-08-2021 at 12:30 PM.