HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - the minimalist approach
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 11:31 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
Mrbb, I thought I was being to the point when I asked these following questions.

Does anybody here hunt game with a minimalist approach? How light can you travel to the game field while still being safe, legal, proper, productive and comfortable?

All I wanted to know here is what the essential gear people use here to hunt deer. Nothing more. I am just curious,. That's all. People can choose whether to answer. That's their call. Ok, I admit to putting a bunch of goofy humor in past threads but I have made a resolution to stop that and just get serious. I'm hoping my credibility here is starting to wax and not wane.

Examples of gear for:

safety: hunter orange attire
legal: hunting license, tags
proper: ice to safeguard meat from spoilage from pickup truck to processor
productive: game calls if they will help bring game to the gun in a timely fashion
comfortable: a thermos of hot coffee on a cold winter hunt

No, I'm not from Europe but I have read the history about how game was once considered only for the rich and noble whereas early Americans adopted the notion that game was for all citizens of all social classes. Most Americans have European ancestry in their genes and most early settlers of the American colonies were from Europe.

Here is a fascinating article about the traditions of dog-hunting deer still practiced in the South:
https://www.northamericanwhitetail.c...te_1009/263851

again your questions are NOT direct questions there is a whole bunch of things thrown into one huge open never ending THOUGHT
as you need details to get accurate answers

as , an example
you asked this>
Does anybody here hunt game with a minimalist approach? How light can you travel to the game field while still being safe, legal, proper, productive and comfortable?

all it does is make us experienced hunters have questions, NOT answers for you, as without knowing MORE, we can not really give you any detailed answers

as, think of it like this to your statement!

what TYPE OF DEER HUNTING ARE YOU ASKING ABOUT
treestand hunting, ground blind hunting, back pack hunting, spot and stalk hunting , ALL some of the types of DEER hunting
and what all one has to carry to do each is different!
SO there see NO ONE shoe fits all answer to your proposed thought as it really isn't;'a clear question at all

NEXT< then what you do after your SO called question is add a whole bunch of other information that is FAR from a question at all
that has NOTHING to do with explaining your question
it just runs off about a type of hunting you read about, that has nothing to do with your so called question about hunting with minimal equipment(I

again, if your as educated as you want us to believe , maybe try asking and simple clear SINGLE questions with details of what TYPE of hunting you plan, and not just a general wide open un answerable rambling! stick to ONE topic, ONE question in each posting! in CORRECT forum section
and odds are you will get better feedback and answers