HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - There is different kinds of LAND to hunt on.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:34 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

I hunt both public and private land(as well as land I own)

I have to dis agree with one thing you said, that your more likely to get SHOT on Public land
as I really don;t think so
I also know for a fact
that just cause land is private and posted
DOESN"T mean people stay off WITHOUT permission
as a land owner and a person that has managed private lands for decades
I have had thousands of encounters with trespassers, and many times they get VERY heated when being asked to leave or authorities are called in to have them arrested
I have had guns pulled on me and folks wanting to fist fight over this, not to mention all the arguments and bad words I have been called over folks breaking the law and THINKING there right or have rights to be some place they don't!

SO< private lands being safer??
NO Not really
bullets can travel from far and wide, and when you confront trespassers law breakers, your already one strike against you with a conflict happening, add in law breakers armed worth weapons many times and well??

in an ideal world maybe things would be different, but then again in an ideal world every where would be just as safe!

odds of getting shot IMO are the same , since hunting is a rather very safe sport if were being honest! and an accident can happen any where!