HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My grandfather didn't dig bow hunting.
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 05:21 AM
Ozzybar1
Spike

Well my grandfather once said he stopped buying a hunting license because (It wasn't a cheap way to get a steak dinner anymore) I don't want to paint with to broad of a brush but.I believe may older hunters in especially PA.Was literally away to get red meat fairly cheap.Maybe they enjoyed hunting with friends and family but it was about meat in the end.I myself never hunted with my grandfather he is still a live.He did not believe in bowhunting, Taxidermy,but if he shot a buck he would keep the rack.I never would really would think of him as a sport hunter.More of field to table hunter and not the new wave hipster kind.Meat is meat cut into steaks an sausage that was he was about.I myself I consider myself a sport hunter I eat the meat but I love the adventures and time spent wondering around chasing critters deer, Stingray, hogs whatever.I think it was probably just the way some older people were raised to think.No different then the way some people believe hunting and eating meat wrong.It is just there perspective on there reality.Do'nt mean they are right it is just the way the think.

Last edited by Ozzybar1; 05-30-2021 at 05:24 AM.