HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Clover broadcasting question ?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 05:09 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Manu
I asked my Boss about this problem he said you are using the wrong atv spreader for seeding a towable spreader bounces your clover seed around. He suggested the atv mounted model spreader it is designed for seed size electric remote controlled adjusted seed coverage, he also said try dry sand you would have to work out a formula for the seed/sand percentage to the acre. Last thing don't mix your clover with fertilizer the clover seed roots when they germinate would burn from fertilizer. I hope that helps "Fimco atv mounted model spreader surprise surprise is USA MADE😊 good luck 👍
I have owned and tried several brands of electric spreaders and they too SUCK for spreading clover seeds,
as again, the seeds are too small and the whole ATV bounces like a tow able unit one do!

the only advantage of a front rack mounted one is MAYBE that you can watch and see how fasts things are going

adding sand again, doesn't work out as well either due to it tends to be heavier than the clover seeds and as again the bouncing from being driven, the sand will migrate to the bottom of the feeder faster and the mix will not work as one hops it will
if you don't have an actual seeder designed for clover seeds, your best bet is again using a bag seeder and walking and hand spreading

or hiring a local farmer that has a correct planter for it!