HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where are they? PART II
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 06:26 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

I keep thinking that I am going to give it up.. But that’s not going to happen. Instead I keep learning to be bored when they won’t gobble back at me. So I am more at trying to locate them than anything else. Besides the mrs likes to complain on how much I have spent just to turkey hunt. She almost went threw the roof when I bought my DSD decoys. I told think of it like I won’t need to buy anymore and they will last me forever. Besides I don’t have to hear her complain any when I am setting in my blind.. lol

I also agree that those teams were a lot of fun! I too learned a lot from everyone on those teams. I would ask a question and several members would chime in. When I came on turkey hunting was quite new to me as they had to stock the turkeys up here. So I was completely at loss trying to figure out how to hunt them and what techniques worked best.. The first three years I was batting zero birds. I kept at it asked a lot of questions until I started getting them..That was what this site had done for me. I kept feeling like I was letting my team down during those years. It has all changed for me now though..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-11-2021 at 03:46 PM.