HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where Are They!!?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 04:39 AM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

well IMO< where there are Hen's, and mating season kicks in, there will be Tom's looking for love!

not many Tom's are that stubborn to stay where they are unless there is also a LOT of hens in there area already to work with!

up my way, Turkeys in general, both male/female
will go to lower elevations for winter time, and I'm talking just a few hundred feet in elevation
they don't start to r return till weather warms up at a more steady rate, as in not going back and forth in low temps
I can ride atv's snowmobiles all behind my place(few thousand acre's and over a 100 acres of food plots)
and from about mid dec till about late march you will not see a fresh turkey track on the higher side of the property
BUT as soon as temps stay above say 50 degree's

flocks of them turkeys return, there actually annoying there so many that come back, like walking shop vac's with claws! tearing up everything in never ending search for food!

SO< maybe try hunting lower elevations, or maybe look about area's your at to see where the better food is, as food supply from my experience seems to draw all wildlife in winter months and prime food win yr round!