HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sprayed by a skunk
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 06:19 PM
mrbb
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by OddStripe
The way I hear it, dogs either learn not to mess with skunks after they get sprayed for the first time, or they never learn. Sounds like your buddy's dog is the latter. As for the raccoon, I guess they weren't causing enough harm to the skunk for it to spray, but that's brave or dumb to shove their nose that close to a skunk's ass. Funny mental image though. I have heard skunks can make good pets. They're cute.
personally I think raccoons are one of the craziest critters in the woods, they seem to have zero fear at times and will take risks like no other critter
I have seen them steal apples out of the mouth of a bear here before, and seen the bears looking at them with a look like even THEY cannot believe they were that brave or dumb or just plain nuts! LOL

then again, I have also seen flying squirrels run over a bears head to get to bird seeds, but I think they just have really bad eye's and not so much dumb or brave!
in the summer time, I get a ton of bears here eating dropped bird seeds, grapes green apples or what not's,, and seen cubs chasing them flying squirrels all over the yard up and down tree's, rather funny to watch, but again, I think them squirrels have bad eye sight, even a little light one to view things messes up there vision I think, so maybe when I am watching I am part of there dumb sided behavior

but them coon's

Man they got some crazy in them! IMO!