HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Henry H015 single shot rifle trigger pull
Old 02-03-2021, 11:22 AM
Daveboone
Fork Horn

Two years ago I bought one in .308, and was very excited over it. I have to admit I was not a Henry fan before, and after having the rifle for about 18 months, I was even less so.
The trigger pull was absolutely horrible. The failure to fire rate was about 40%. These problems are very extensively discussed on several websites, and I explored several different avenues. Bottom line at that time was Henry decided the heavy trigger pull was mandatory due to legal matters. AFter trying a number of recommended spring options and other fixes, including trying multiple brands of ammo (I have loaded for .308 for thirty years and NEVER had a misfire), I gave up on it. I was able to trade even for value for another rifle I had experience with.
Since then as is well known, Henry fessed up to the problem and has a routine for replacing the trigger/spring assembly. I sincerely hope your Henry is what you want and need, and that they have it right this time.