HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Public Land Hog Hunting in Florida
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 03:18 PM
Central PA Sportsman
Spike

josh_scott84
Its been a while since I've posted, but needed to thank you for some of the advice you provided me for last winters FL trip and my hunting experience at St. Johns River Marsh. Did no scouting except boots on the ground when we got there late morning on a Sunday. Was hunting with two friends, 1 in his 70's and not in the best shape the other disabled/handicapped. Feel like we walked a good 2 miles in, passed two hunters with rifles (during small game season, I believe not allowed, but didn't question), on their way out, they saw 0. We split up did some scouting and picked a location to meet at dark. One guy saw a doe, one saw nothing and I walked around a corner, in a very promising area, and right upon a small sow with 3 tiny piglets maybe 20 feet. Promised my self no killing sows with piglets, took pictures. All in all a great day were late getting out because of the long walk. Ended up locked in and had to call a posted number to be let out, they've apparently had problems with vandals. Good day with friends, priceless! We'll be Back!
Thanks for your advise